5 Mar 2014

SC#37 | Wholemeal English muffins

I love English muffins so bad. I tend to forget about them for months, then get an absolute craving and demolish a pack of six in 48 hours. Sliced, toasted, with a little butter and jam, they are the best. I love them even more when they're wholemeal; brown bread just tastes a little better (unless it's a Banette 1900 which is the Perfect Bread in all its white flour glory).

Anyway, long story short: I had a craving, so I made them. And I made them good:



It was my first time making something bready. I had a fun evening of covering everything in flour and sticky dough (thanks to my housemate Laura for her moral support/giggles) with many a crisis of 'they're not rising!', 'they're burnt!' or 'they're not cooking!' I'm pretty impressed they turned out alright.



Served with my mum's homemade quince jam, they were fab. Make them too. I used this recipe from Savory Simple. Worked a treat! 


I hope you enjoy a bite of these. Homemade brekkie is the best! x

No comments:

Post a Comment